Lowell Program in Economic Geology
The Lowell Program in Economic Geology has consortium-sponsored projects from Freeport McMoRan, Newmont, BHP Billiton, and Bronco Creek Exploration.
Additional projects are funded by other companies and the National Science Foundation.
- Mark Barton, Professor
- Eric Seedorff, Lowell Chair in Economic Geology
- Mattew Steele-MacInnes, Assistant Professor
- Isabel Barton, Ph.D.
- Pilar Lecomberri-Sanchez, Ph.D.
- Frank Mazdab, Ph.D.
- Alex Andronikov, Ph.D.
- Rocio Brambila
- Professional Science Masters - 8
- MS - 2
- PhD. - 7
- Rhenium content of molybdenite ores
- Chukaru Peki characterization
- Mission-Pima copper skarns
- Superior, AZ district characterization
- Extension-related K metasomatism
- Laramide structures and porphyry copper deposits
- San Manuel structure characterization
- Arsenic and apatite geochemistry
- Copper and nickel ore mineralogy
- Laramide silver deposits and volcanism
- Laramide plutons and Na-Ca metasomatism
- Time-space development of gold mineralization, Washington County, UT
- Egan Range plutons and structure
- Tertiary extension in northeast NV
- Titanium geochemistry
- Eocene plutonism and gold deposits in northeast NV
- Pampa Escondida PCD and acid alteration